Access to data:
The Service d'Observation added MTAs (Marine Test Areas).
- 5 total MPAs
- North : Tiahura, Pihaena and Aroa
- West : Taotaha and Tetaiuo
- 3 partial MPAs
- East : Nuarei, Ahi and Maatea
- North : Entre deux baies (E2B) (between the 2 bays)
- East : Temae and Afareaitu
- West : Haapiti and Gendron
117 surveyed stations
In each marine area, 3 zones are described a) on the border of the fringing reef on the side of the channel or when there is none, at the frontier between fringing and barrier reef, b) on the barrier reef at 200m away from the breaking waves of the reef crest, c) on the outer slope by 10m depth.
13 Marine Areas x 3 zones for each marine area (i.e. 39 zones) x 3 stations per zone (replicates) amounts to 117 stations. Each station is materialised by a non permanent transect (25m straight line).